CHILDCARE & LEARNING CENTER IN HOUSTON – For Infants, Toddlers, PreK and Afterschoolers.
INFANTS PROGRAM (8 weeks – 12 months)
At this age infants require a clean, safe and nurturing environment. They need attention, are eager to communicate, and are aware of the world around them. It is important to meet their needs by:
- Talking, reading, and singing
- Playing appropriate music for their age
- Promoting tummy time
- Activities involve play that helps develop gripping, looking, crawling, grasping, holding, playing and other related activities that engage fine and gross motor training.
- We will focus on love and trust as we expose your infant early development by playing music, singing, lots of hugs and personal attention.
- Providing floor time for development of gross motor skills
- Introducing toys suitable for fine motor skills and sensory stimulation
- Preparing appropriate sleeping areas designed for babies
TODDLERS (1 to 2 Years)
At this stage toddlers are mostly about exploring the environment around them and testing their own physical abilities and limitations. Curious toddlers need a safe environment with plenty of space to explore and make discoveries. We provide the right furniture, toys, and most importantly supervision to make sure this experience is safe and fun. Daily activities include:
- Finger play and singing
- Circle time
- Large and small muscle activities (indoor and outdoor )
- Sensory stimulation
- Language development
- Cognitive development
- Directed activities and play
- Independent activities and play
- Potty training (if ready)
- Our toddler program provides a range of learning experience, from group participation to individual creativity.
PRE-SCHOOL PROGRAM (3 to 4 Years)
At this age children have achieved important verbal and nonverbal communication milestones. They are able to communicate well and engage with the world around them. They understand their own unique identity and value their individuality. We provide the support and tools these young children need to learn and grow while feeling good about being who they are and having fun being themselves. We will aid in teaching:
- The meaning of sharing
- Expressing their feelings openly
- How to dress themselves
- Potty training (if needed)
PRE-SCHOOL (4 to 5 Years)
At this age confidence and self-esteem plays a major role in preparing for the transition to kindergarten. By now they have reached significant social and emotional development. The emphasis at this stage is on cognitive and intellectual areas of development. We will aid in teaching:
- Counting skills
- Writing skills
- Spelling skills
- Organization skills
- How to work on independent projects with little direction
- Caring for personal belongings
- Coloring and arts
- Classifying objects by sorting and matching
Our After School Programs in Houston offer school-aged children a fun, safe environment to spend their afternoons until parents get off of work.Students in our After School Program receive a healthy snack and work on homework in a quiet environment before engaging in various indoor and outdoor games, computer activities, arts and crafts, and science projects.
Americas Choice Childcare has a fleet of buses that transport children to our childcare from their elementary schools and on various field trips during summer, spring and winter breaks.We provide bus service from schools to our after school programs in Houston. Ask more about our available transportation options when you schedule your tour.
CALL ONE OF OUR FIVE LOCATIONS
Questions? Comments? Would you like to schedule a tour?
Great group of ladies here. My son has been attending since he was 2. He’s now 6 and loves it. They open early and stay late. I work 12hr days and I never have to worry about him. They get him after school and he stays till I get off at 8 at times. When I get him, he’s fed and happy. He loves it so much that on Saturday’s, he request to go in, just to see his “Ms.Athea”. Thanks for caring for my papi. Definitely would recommend
Di Di – Houston, TX